In poker and gaming 'buying in' is the process of entering a tournament that requires an up-front payment. The size of the payment, otherwise known as the 'buy in', determines the total winning prize pool and also contains a fee, otherwise known as the rake, that is paid to the house.
For example, a 50-person capacity tournament could cost $55 entry per player. In poker terms, this could be presented as '$50+$5', meaning $50 goes to the prize pool to pay the eventual winners and $5 (10%) is the rake. In this example, the prize pool would contain $2500 and the house would take a total of $250 (i.e. 10%).
The buy-in is $ 0 Running your own poker party? Check out our guide. There are many sets of chips available to buy online, often they come with everything you need: a metal case, some. Poker Bankroll Calculator. This poker bankroll calculator allows you to work out which limits you should be playing at in poker depending on how much money you have in your bankroll. This calculator is based around the rules of basic no limit Texas Holdem bankroll management, which are: You should have at least 20 times the buy in for cash games. Here is the complete schedule of daily poker tournaments in the Las Vegas area, including Downtown, Henderson & Southeast, North Las Vegas, Summerlin & Northwest, and The Strip. Click on any tournament for comprehensive information and details including buy-ins, admin fees, starting chips, blind structures, days run, and more.
Click here for details on how to qualify to this event via PokerStars.
Reserve Your Seat In Advance
If you reserve a seat in advance, you can collect your ticket from a Ticket Collection station at the event from 14:00 the day before a tournament starts, until the end of the late registration period. PSPC and PCA Main Event ticket collections are available from 17:00 on January 5.
Please Note: if you do not arrive to collect your ticket and have not informed us of your un-registration BEFORE the start of the tournament, your funds will be added to the prize pool and you will not be entitled to a refund.
COM and EU Stars Account holders can buy into any of the tournaments in the schedule by going to the ’Events’> ‘Live’ tab on the PokerStars client and searching for your chosen event. Buy in using your Stars Account funds like you would any other tournament. Online registration for Main Event is now open – registration for Side Events is open from the first week of November. Mission bet. Online registration will close when ticket collection for each event begins. At this point, you will still be able to register using your COM or EU Stars Account at the on-site Registrations desk. Please contact us for assistance.
Please Note: there are regional restrictions regarding online buy-ins. Please contact Please contact us for more information if you are unsure.
Buy-in Onsite At The Event
Onsite registration for Main Event will be open from 17:00 on January 5 until the end of the late registration period. For Side Events, registration will be open at 14:00 the day before the tournament, until the end of the late registration period for each tournament.
Please Note: you are unable to un-register and receive a refund after the tournament start time.
You can buy in onsite using any of the following options by visiting the registrations desk, please note that we cannot accept part payment of one payment type with another.
- STARS ACCOUNT
Simply visit the registrations team with valid personal identification to register. Any questions? Email the Live Team for help with tournament entry options.
Wire Transfers For Tournament Buy-ins & Cash Games
Wire transfers for the PCA can be made directly to Atlantis Casino for tournament buy-ins and cash games. Please follow the instructions below carefully if you wish to make a wire transfer, and make sure you have read and understood all corresponding rules and procedures included in the wire transfer process.
- We strongly suggest you print and complete a Bank Wire Information Authorization form (English only) and bring this form with you to the PCA. Atlantis Casino can return wired funds to the account from which they were wired after the event
- Wait for a Front Money Account confirmation email from Atlantis Casino (DO NOT WIRE FUNDS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS CONFIRMATION)
- Choose the correct banking details from one of the two options below;
- My wire transfer is coming from within the USA or Canada - click here to download PDF (English only)
- My wire transfer is coming from outside the USA or Canada - click here to download PDF (English only)
- Arrange the wire transfer with your banking institution
If you sent a wire transfer to Atlantis Casino for PCA 2018, note you already have a Front Money Account with them. Please contact the Casino and ask them for your Front Money Account number. Once you have this number, feel free to use the correct wire instructions as per above, and initiate your wire transfer.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Account Application And Transfer Deadlines
- Front Money Account applications MUST be completed no later than December 24, 2018. After this date, no further applications will be processed.
- Wire Transfers MUST arrive no later than December 29, 2018. If funds arrive after this date they may be refused and returned to your bank account.
- The majority of Front Money Account Applications are processed and approved within one business day. Some exceptions may apply depending on your country of residence (see 'ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES' section below) and these applications can take up to 3-5 business days to process.
- Please make sure you have chosen the correct banking details depending on if your wire is originating from inside the USA or from outside the USA.
- Instruct your banking institution to send your funds via the corresponding bank included in the banking details pdf. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT OR IT COULD DELAY THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR FUNDS.
Play Poker For Free Against Computer
- Please note that wire transfers from those who reside in USA, Canada, United Kingdom or France have been pre-approved. If you reside in a different country from those listed, additional checks will need to be made by Atlantis. DO NOT SEND FUNDS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION FROM ATLANTIS.
- Additional checks will generally take between 2-3 working days however this may differ depending on the country in which your transfer will be coming from as well as the value of your transfer.
- For further enquiries related to this matter please contact Atlantis Casino Compliance
- If your country is determined as ineligible by Atlantis Casino Compliance, then you will be unable to wire funds.
Wire Transfers of $50,000 or More
- Wire Transfers totalling $50,000 or more will be subject to additional Source of Funds checks. You will be required to submit certain information and documentation to Atlantis Casino via a secure email.
- Atlantis Casino will directly contact any player who needs to complete this process.
- Players who have wired funds will be able to withdraw (in casino chips) from the cage inside the Imperial Ballroom. Up to $15,000 per day can be withdrawn from Front Money Accounts. These chips can ONLY be used to play in cash games and buy into tournaments.
- Those players wiring funds to buy in to higher value events (such as the $25,000/$50,000 High Roller and the $100,000 Super High Roller) can withdraw higher sums in the form of special chips that can ONLY be used to register into these tournaments. These will not be accepted in cash games and cannot be redeemed for cash at the cage. Any unused special value chips must be deposited back into your Front Money Account.
- Chip redemptions must fully replenish the original Front Money deposit amount before any cash will be distributed.
- Unused funds at the end of the event can be deposited back into your Front Money Account and will be wired back to the account that sent the original wire transfer.
Front Money Account Desk Opening Times
To be confirmed.
There will be NO currency exchange service active during the PCA event. It is your responsibility to ensure that you bring US dollars to use on-site. There are several banks just off property that do offer a limited currency exchange (up to $500 a day maximum).
We do NOT accept credit or debit cards to buy in to tournaments at the PCA.
Please note that the PS Cashier (formerly known as the PCA Bank) will NOT be operating at the PCA. Players will NO LONGER be able to withdraw funds from their Stars Accounts in chips that could be used for cash games etc.
Players have a variety of payout options open to them including cash, wire transfer and deposit to Stars Account. There are restrictions that apply to certain payout options depending on the status of your account, and there may be limits to the amount a player can receive in cash.
You can choose to be credited your winnings by one payment method or by a combination of different payment methods.
- CASH – A Cash Maximum may apply
- STARS ACCOUNT – Regional and account status restrictions may apply
- WIRE TRANSFER VIA FRONT MONEY ACCOUNT – Players must have an Atlantis Front Money account to be able to have funds wired back to them. Please see Wire Transfer section above for more information.
Buy In Poker Las Vegas
Got questions about our events? Click here for answers.