Online sportsbooks are the best place to bet on basketball. They are convenient, trusted and offer a wide variety of fair odds for betting on basketball. Having some money riding on a basketball game enhances the games excitement. Even a game that is ten points apart with two minutes left could be very exciting to someone who bet the spread. An online betting account allows you to place basketball bets easily and securely from your computer or mobile phone. Simply put, online sportsbooks are the most popular way to bet on basketball games for a reason.
Find top College Basketball betting odds, scores, news and picks from VegasInsider, along with more NCAAb information to assist your sports handicapping. Get the latest betting odds & lines at BetOnline Sportsbook for betting on your favorite sport and snag a huge sign-up bonus. Feb 05, 2021 - NBA Basketball Game. So take your betting to another level and find the market that suits you. Basketball Odds. Whether you know exactly who you’re betting on, or you’re looking to see what sort of price you can get for an upcoming match, finding the best basketball odds online shouldn't be an arduous quest. And at Betway, it isn't. Just like football, NBA basketball games are primarily bet using a pointspread. The pointspread dates back to the middle part of the twentieth century and first became popular for football betting. It lent itself nicely to basketball betting and would help increase the popularity of wagering on both college and NBA action during the following.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting On Basketball
- Most popular betting site worldwide
- Top quality live betting platform (including streaming of many events)
- Fixed odds betting for horse racing
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Old style website that is easy to navigate
How To Bet On Basketball Online
Betting on basketball is extremely easy and if you follow the three steps listed below you will be placing NBA wagers in no time.
Bet On Basketball – Step By Step Guide
1. Open an Online Sportsbook Account – The three sportsbooks listed above are our top three recommended NBA betting sites for your location. We suggest you visit one of those sites and set up an account. Opening a new account just takes a minute and you will only have to provide basic info such as your name and email address.
Now, available for the first time in print, this ultimate handbook outlines a powerful path to success, as three of the world's top experts noted poker authority Ed Miller, top pro Sunny Mehta, and renowned practical theorist Matt Flynn put their expertise to work for you.Using hand examples from actual play to illustrate key concepts, Small Stakes No-Limit Hold em translates. Don't get too fancy against micro stakes players. You only need to think one level above a poker player to beat them, and small stakes Texas Hold'em players are thinking on a low level for the most part. Avoid paying more than 10% in tournament fees. Small stakes hold em. Small Stakes Hold 'em teaches you to think like a professional player. Topics include implied odds, pot equity, speculative hands, position, the importance of being suited, hand categories, counting outs, evaluating the flop, large pots versus small pots, protecting your hand, betting for value on the river, and playing overcards.
2. Make a Deposit – You can’t bet on basketball online without first funding your account. To make a deposit head over to the cashier section of the sportsbook and follow the depositing instructions. Credit card deposits are generally the most popular, but you can deposit via a wide variety of methods including e-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, etc), Bitcoin, bank transfers, and more. If you have trouble depositing contact customer support and they will go out of their way to help you fund your account.
3. Place Your Basketball Bets – Now it’s time to start making money with your basketball knowledge. Head over to the basketball betting section of the sportsbook and begin to build your bankroll by placing sharp bets on basketball games!
Types of Basketball Bets
The three most popular types of basketball bets include betting the spread, the money line and the over/under.
Spread betting is generally the most popular and the most exciting type of basketball bet because it puts the two teams on an even playing field. In order for a spread bet on a favorite to win that team must win the game by more than “spread” amount. For example, if the Indiana Pacers are -4 point favorites over the Magic then the Pacers must win by 5 or more for a Pacers spread bet to payout. On the other hand the Magic must either win outright or lose by 3 or fewer points for a Magic spread bet to payout. If the Pacers win by exactly 4 points then the spread bets are “pushed” and the wager amounts are refunded.
With money line betting you are wagering on which team will win the game outright. The odds associated with each team determine the amount a bet on either team wins with a certain risk. Continuing with the Magic vs Pacers example the odds might be something like -155 for the Pacers and +135 for the Magic. This means that you would have to wager $155 to win $100 betting on the Pacers, while you would have to bet $100 to win $135 betting on the Magic.
Over/under betting, also known as totals betting, involves wagering on how many total points will be scored in a game. The bookmaker sets a “total” and you can wager on whether there will be more or fewer than that many points scored in the game.
Other Bets (Props and Futures)
Some other fun bets that can be made on basketball include prop bets and futures. Prop bets are any wager that isn’t directly affected by the final outcome of the game (how many points a player scores, which team scores first, etc). Futures bets include such things as which team will win the NBA Championships or the March Madness NCAA tournament.
Basketball Betting Odds
We touched on odds a little bit in the types of basketball bets section, but we will provide another example here. Typically you will see the American odds format when betting on basketball so let’s look at another example of that:
Xavier -5 (-110)
Butler +5 (-110)
In this example Xavier are 5 point favorites over the Butler Bulldogs. For a spread bet on Xavier to win they must win the game by 6 or more points and vice versa with Butler. The -110 indicates that you must bet $110 in order to win $100 betting on either outcome.
Top 3 Sites For Betting Odds, Picks And Lines 2021
Basketball Betting Tips
- Home vs Away Games – Where the game is being played matters quite a bit in basketball. The fans play a roll in the game and it’s important to keep in mind if a team is at home or away before placing a bet.
- Streaks – Basketball seems to be more of a streaky sport than most others. When a team is firing on all cylinders they feel like they can’t lose and when things aren’t going their way it feels like they can’t hit a shot. You should include streaks in your basketball betting strategy.
- Be Patient – Keep your eye out for sharp bets, but don’t feel like you have to bet on every basketball game taking place on a given night. Betting on every game is a recipe for loss.
- Compare Lines – You will see this tip on nearly every page here at BetOnIt.org because it is that important. You should try to find the best line for the outcome you are choosing in order to have the best win rate and biggest return.
Specific Basketball Betting Pages
Recent Basketball Articles
NBA Betting in Texas – How To Bet Guide
Best College Basketball Bets Today
Best Basketball Bet Today
The NBA and NFL are by far the most bet on sports leagues in the United States. NBA betting in..